The basic education system in the country allows a student to complete their schooling till class 12th, followed by Graduation and then higher studies. Once a student has completed his/her education, then they look for a job and professional growth.
However, there are also multiple opportunities that a candidate can strive for immediately after class 12th in the Government sector. There are various exams that are held to recruit candidates straight after their schooling.
Discussed further below are the various Government Exams after 12th which can open up for a brighter future of job seeking aspirants at a very young age. Also, discussed are the preparation tips that can be beneficial.
List of Government Exams After 12th
Given below are the list of exams for which the minimum educational qualification is completing class 12th:
- SSC Combined Higher Secondary Level (CHSL) – Posts included under the SSC CHSL exam are Upper Division Clerk, Lower Division Clerk, Postal Assistant, Data Entry Operator and Sorting Assistant
- SSC Multi Tasking Staff (MTS)
- SSC General Duty Constable (GD)
- SSC Grade C and Grade D Stenographer
- RRB Assistant Loco Pilot
- Railway Group D
- Indian Army Exam for the post of Technical Entry Scheme, Mahila Constables, Soldiers, Junior Commissioned Officers for Catering
- Indian Navy Exam for the post of Sailor, Artificer Apprentice and Senior Secondary Recruits (SSR)
- The Security Forces exam for recruitment into the Border Security Force (BSF), Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB), Indo-Tibetan Border Police Force (ITBP), Central Industrial Security Force (CISF)
- Indian Coast Guard Exam for the post of Sailors, Technicians, Assistant Commandants and Airmen
- National Defence Academy (NDA) Exam
All the above-mentioned exams and posts offer growth opportunities, development and a reputable designation and salary. It must also be noted that apart from the educational qualification, the age limit and nationality are two other criteria that one must look out for when applying for government exams.
Preparation Tips To Ace Government Exams
The syllabus for the online examination for government exams is comprehensive yet very basic.
So, if a candidate is well aware of the syllabus and exam pattern, then with thorough preparation and hard work, he/she can easily crack the exam.
Given below are a few preparation tips which will be helpful for candidates:
- Go through the detailed syllabus and analyse the topics which are included under each subject and try to comprehend which section requires more attention and preparation
- Schedule a time table and preparation strategy ensuring that emphasis is given to all the subjects equally
- Refer to previous year question papers to understand the difficulty level of the exam
- Solve mock tests and practise papers and analyse your preparation and performance. It will also help the candidate apprehend which part of the paper requires more practice
- Take professional assistance either online or offline, if required
- If preparing at home, refer to video lectures which are easily available online. These are understandable and more interactive in comparison to written notes
- During preparation ensure that you are not under pressure and do not set goals that are tough to achieve. Do not anticipate the result while preparing as it can be a cause of stress
There also are other Bank, Insurance, SSC, RRB, UPSC and other exams that are conducted in the Government sector that attract lakhs of candidates every year, which has made these exams tougher and more competitive. To get the list of Upcoming Government Exams, aspirants can visit the linked article.
For candidates who choose to start working early in their lives, these Government exams after the 12th are the best option to move ahead with their professional career.